Thursday, June 19, 2008

when he was about to arrive...

It was February 10th 2008. I went to Annisa Medical Center to see my gynecologist for my concluding health check before I deliver our precious. My due date was scheduled on the 24th February 2008. Looking at the date, I still have a fortnight sooner when I could see my baby. And for me the day was a bit ahead that I did not expect the gynea would ask me to admit the next day at 9 a.m. because the bay already found its way out. I was a bit surprise to hear that because I did not feel any pain, with the exception of minor Braxton Hicks contraction, (which is ordinary for women with 30 weeks over pregnancy) no cervix dilation, and what surprised me was… I just came back from welcoming final-baby items-shopping. More astonishingly, I took perahu tambang to Mundok ( Kelantan-Thai border) to buy kain tudung bawal, and Abe wanted to look for his bike spare parts just the day earlier, sensing that I did not recognize any signs of giving birth. Luckily I did not deliver my baby at the border. Huhuhu if it happened to be that way, I wondered what is my baby’s nationality would be… Moreover, I did not come home to deliver the baby yet. It was Chinese New Year and we had 4 days holiday. We went to the hospital for check up, not to be hospitalized. huhuhuhu….

After signing forms and listening to the gynea about all the procedures, we went to my father’s place in KB. I packed the necessaries and Abe did all the checking. At 9 a.m. on the 11th of February, after we had our nasik belauk.. (huhuhu I could only taste nasi blauk again after 100 days confinement.Ahh.. 100 days were not that long).(hmm Abe added this when I left the laptop to feed Haziq). My mom took us to Annisa and the nurse took us to Wad Sayang. I was on bed 10. Moment later, a nurse came, pushing a machine ( I don’t know what do they call that thing) to verify on my contraction level and also the baby’s pulsate. Everything was normal. When the nurse left, another nurse came with 2 tablets to be put into my colon. Huhuhuhu they wanted all stuff inside my stomach to come out. Eh, forgot to mention that Umi, Papa and Abe Chik(my in-laws) was at the hospital too.. Sorry ye, tak sengaja… hahahah.. later on I felt so hungry so I went to the canteen with Abe and my in laws to have our lunch. On the way o the canteen, I met Dr Rosliza (the gynea) she stared at me and said La.. buleh jalan lagi? Takpelaa selagi x rasa sakit betul-betul buleh je nak gi memana pon..” hikhikhik…

After Asar, a nurse came and told us that our room was all set. Hmm actually we asked for a private room. Wad Sayang was a fleeting, while waiting for Wad Kasih. So I moved to Wad Kasih. Hmm a relief.. I could watch TV.. had my own bathroom, a cozy couch… that afternoon, my granny came Cik Zaa and lil cousins. Hmm Wa was also there. Everybody came to visit the not-so-sick me. Muahaha.. At 6 p.m. I started to sense the twinge. It came once in a while. Huh the pain was killing from time to time. I could hardly sleep that night. I just stared at my mom and mom in law sleeping next to me. (They accompanied me the whole night). And it was 2.30 a.m. when I woke up, and noticed that my sarong drenched. Huh! I thought I peed in my sarong! Huhuhuhu… I called my mom… then she told me that my water broke! Both moms called the nurse and Abe. Minutes later the nurse (Maksu) came with a wheelchair. At 3 a.m. I was pushed to labor room.

I could not lie down. Every time I lay down, I felt more excruciating. But I have no other choice other than lying down because again the nurse needed to check my graph of contraction and the baby’s heartbeat. An hour passed, Dr Rosliza came in and checked the baby’s heartbeat.. No changes since I was admitted at 9.30 a.m. yesterday. 2cm remained 2 cm. I could not resist the pain any longer. I felt like fainting! But they said that I was not ready to deliver the baby yet. I could not describe the pain. I could only remember I hold Abe’s hand, I saw my mom, my mom in law, then Abe left, my mom hugged me, I cried, I saw my mom’s tears, Abe came back in with red eyes, Mom in law hold her breath, I cried, the pain was so indescribable. Maksu whispered some doa for me to lessen the pain.. I cried, my lips kept reciting the doa, selawat, surah alam nasyrah repeatedly. 2 hours gone.. still in the labor room.. 3 hours spent in the labor room, I did not know how many time I fainted.. At 6.30, my baby’s heartbeat slowed down, Dr Rosliza recommended us not to kill the time any longer because she was afraid that the baby might drown and I did not have the strength to deliver the baby in normal way. There came the final resolution.. Caesarean!

The nurses changed my clothes to green operation suit, put on the cap, pushed the stretcher to the operation theater. It was cold in there! I saw no one though there were many people in the OT. I could only remember Dr Wan Aasim, the anesthetist. The nurses moved me to the operation table, where I could see the lights which were similar to what I have seen on Medic TV and hospital series.The last thing I could recall in the OT was when Dr Wan said..Assalamualaikum Nurul, sakit ke? Tahan sikit ye. Saya nk cucuk ubat bius. This will be bit sting. Nurul baca Al-Fatihah, sampai je Amin, Nurul dah tak akan rasa apa-apa..”I recited Surah Al-Fatihah and by the time I came to the last verse and Amin… there’s nothing that I could remember.

I woke up, I looked at the clock, it was 9 a.m. The first thing that came to my mind was the baby. I could not articulate even a word, there was the Darth Vader thing supplying O2 on my face. I saw Abe on my left. Smiling.. I put away the thing and I asked him whether the baby was ok.. I saw him nodded and.. I slept again… 2p.m. I regained my consciousness (not fully). I did not see my baby yet! huhuhu really wanted to look at it. I have been guessing how it looks like for 38 weeks.. I asked for the baby, the nurse brought it next to me… in its small buggy. It was so fair, so beautiful, so charming, so stunning, so fine looking and so adorable! Only my tears can explain my feeling and emotion at that time. Ahmad Haziq Baihaqi, the seed of our love…..

Abe azankan Ahmad Haziq Baihaqi.. i was still unconscious..


1 comment:

AbeNurul said...

Hmmm..almost 10 months now. Ahmad Haziq Baihaqi membesar dengan begitu baik sekali.Alhamdulillah.Syukur banyak-banyak pada allah.

Cuma bila mengenangkan saat-saat genting sayang nak bersalin hari tu,amatlah memilukan. Tak sanggup nak tengok sayang kesakitan.

Semoga Allah memberikan ganjaran yang banyak padamu sayang. Semoga Allah akan selalu merahmati dan memberkati kehidupanmu diatas kesusahanmu melahirkan seorang baby yang comel.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMUAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! aku sayang kamu banget.